Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prayer Request

Thanks for praying for Nicki's Hope. They were hoping to bring her home today but couldn't. Please pray for her healing and that she would get to come home tomorrow. Nicki did post today. To hop over and read and comment, click HERE.

-- updated on Wed at 6:00.



I didn't ask Nicki (3girlygirls) and I hope she doesn't mind, but I thought I would put an update here on her daughter's surgery. She sent out a bulk email, but I don't think she has had time to do the blog thing.

There are two emails. The first is from yesterday and the second is from today. Please be praying for Hope!

August 18:

The surgery went well! God is so good! We have felt His presence here today. Hope is very tired and has been in a lot of pain but has done extremely well for this situation! She is resting at the moment with some good meds. =) The doctor told us that the reflux should be completely corrected now and now our focus is on the healing of that left kidney. It will be a long process over the next year of testing and ultrasounds to keep a close eye on it. But we know that our God is an amazing God and we know that He is the great physician and He can heal our little girl completely! The hospital staff has been wonderful and I even know Hope's nurse today, she is from our church, total God-thing! I won't have access to e-mail after I send this one out, but I just wanted to let all of you know how much we appreciate the prayers and support for her! It's going to be a long recovery we will be here until Wed or Thursday and then it will still be a slow healing process. This is going to be tough for my go-go-go girly. Thank you all again! We love each of you and thank you all for everything your doing to help with our girls, cook meals and just love us!! It means everything right now!!

Much love,
Nicki

August 19:

Hope's day has not gone so well. It started off great and she quickly turned down a rough road. It's 3:15 as I'm sending this out and they will be evalutating her again at 4:00 and I'm not sure I will have a chance to update, the computer here is only allowed out for a few minutes at a time. Her bladder isn't being able to hold anything right now, which isn't good. She is having frequent spasms and they have tried every type of medicine there is to help her with this. She is in very poor spirits right now. She has wonderful nurses who are trying everything her doctor is telling them to do. Right now it's just a mystery as to why she isn't being able to hold any fluids in her bladder for longer than 10 or 15 mintues. They are not sure if there is another cause to this problem, or if it's from the surgery. So please pray. Please pray and please pray. Visits and phone calls are a little hard right now, but I thank all of you for the response to our e-mail, I was overwhelmed as I looked at my in box, I haven't had a chance to read all the responses but thank you. We love you and thank you for praying for our little Hope.

Nicki





Photobucket

3 comments:

Joyful said...

Thanks for sharing this request Amy. I'll be praying.
Trusting Him,
Joy

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

What a precious sister in Christ you are. Thank you.....Thank you! I am just surrounded by God's peace today and I can't thank everyone enough for praying this little girly through these past few days! God is good!

Joyful said...

Miss you here. Everything OK?

Hope you're having a good day.
Blessings,
Joy