Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finish Line


I must say I was a little nervous going into my first race since track and field day in the 6th grade. (We won't talk about how long ago that was!) The Lake Bloomington Race was 4.37 miles. I placed 495. There were over 1100 people running. (Don't get to excited about that number as some did the longer 12K race. I don't know how many ran the short.) My official time was 1 hour and 5 minutes. My unofficial time was 1 hour four minutes and 30 seconds. (The difference is that slower runners started at the back and I kept track of how long it actually took us to get to the starting line!) That's about a 14:46 minute mile. Not too shabby after only running 8 weeks, huh?

I look pretty enthused here, don't I? I did a combination of walking and running. Marge was one of the Catch the Wave group 10 leaders. She ran the last quarter mile or so with me. I sprinted towards the end. Several people commented on how good I looked finishing. If only they could have seen me at mile 3!

I'm sure there will be ample analogies in the future. Right now, I think I might take a nap. I actually just got back from the dog park with Hadley so she is up for a nap as well!





Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy! Way to go girl! You are amazing!
Darrell

Joyful said...

WOHOO Amy!!!!!! You did it!!! Congratulations!!!! Cheers of praise coming your way!!!!!!

Hugs,
Joy

Mel said...

Congrats Amy!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations!!!

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

All I know is in that photo you look like a running pro!!!

I am so proud of you. This is such a huge accomplishment.

Clap, clap, clap, clap!!!

Renee Swope said...

YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!! Congratulations!!! Isn't that such a great feeling to cross the finish line. What an accomplishment.

I am so proud of you and the joy in your smile tells me that you just might be a little proud of yourself, too. You should be!!!!

Hugs,
Renee

Anonymous said...

Yay Amy! And it sounds like you're not going to stop there... now you're running the course on Thursday too!? You inspire me. Running takes a lot of discipline!

Jessica-your Health Coach :)