Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not the Why but the Who

Katy, my older cat, loves to sleep next to me. I lie on my side and hold the blanket up and she curls up next to my tummy as I let the blankets gently cover her. Often, I can't hear her purr, but as I rub her belly I can feel the vibrations, the contentment. It's a soothing ritual the two of us have developed.

Often times I have difficulty finding that kind of contentment. I think it is because I am driven to know the why of things. I like to know why it works and why you don't do it this other way. I like to know why things need to be this way rather than that way. I don't know that I actually pestered my parents so much with the questions. (I would have gotten immediate consequences if I had not had immediate obedience.) But, to the extent I was able, there was a quest for "Why?"

I'm posting today at the Internet Cafe. Click here to finish reading this post.








Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather - On the Road... said...

Amy,
I really loved this post. I came back and read it again tonight. It is so good... to remember not the why, but WHO. Jesus in it all.
Hope you are doing well... Praying for you as God brings you to mind.
Love you and God bless,
Heather