Saturday, December 6, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 31)

I am grateful that God doesn't sugar coat things in His word. I am thankful that scripture relates people who mess up as badly as I do at times. I am in wonder that David after having Bathsheba's husband murdered and taking his wife can still be called a man after God's own heart. What an amazing God we have!

One of my other favorite "mess ups" is when Peter denies Jesus three times. That is huge for one who had promised, boasted that he would follow Jesus to the death. In John, the disciples have gone back to fishing when they see the risen Jesus on the beach. If I were Peter I would have cowered in the boat. But Peter jumps into the water and gets to the beach as fast as he can. How can Peter do that when he has failed Jesus so miserably? He has hope, hope in a living savior, and hope that Jesus can change even him. Indeed, Jesus promises Peter that what he could not do at one point he would do at another.





Photobucket

No comments: