Tuesday, December 23, 2008

When I was 10


When I was 10 I wanted to be a dolphinologist. There is no such thing, but that is what my land locked Ohio self wanted to be. I was terribly jealous of kids whose birthdays were in the summer. Every year we went to Kings Island and they always picked someone who had a birthday to come up and help with the show. I probably would have felt shy, but my fascination with dolphins might have over come it.

Here are a few tidbit about dolphins: 1) they are actually a type of whale 2)they live in pods 3) they are one of the few creatures that while hunted by sharks can also kill a shark. They ram them in the gills 4) Baby dolphins are called calves.

I was going to have several dolphins in the pool outback and my 12 kids were going to grow up swimming with the dolphins. We would totally figure out dolphin communication and win some big prize. At least, that is how life was going to go when I was 10.

I may not be able to do all of that, but some day I'm going to take a vacation to somewhere that lets you swim with the dolphins.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Amy, my son wanted to do the same thing from the time he was about 3 until he was about 12 years old! He was fascinated by dolphins!!! We went to Marineland EVERY summer and we've had 3 or 4 trips to Sea World in Florida where we have pictures of our son feeding and touching the dolphins.

I hope someday you realize your dream of swimming with dolphins!

Merry Christmas,
Joy