Wednesday, March 18, 2009

TIGER

Realistic expectations are not really my strong suit. I am a perfectionist and I expect myself to do things -- if not perfect -- reasonably well the first time. Last Wed. I attended my first "Catch the Wave." I was trying to run a bit on my own, but it is a hard thing to start and everyone else had a two week jump on me. I was in the slow group -- 10. At first, I stayed towards the front of it, but I was struggling and dropped to the middle.

This week they decided to offer an additional group. It's a transitional group for those of us who cannot run 6-8 minutes without stopping. Tonight, we did 2 minute runs and 2 minute walks. The goal they've adjusted for us is to be able to run 5 and walk 2 by the time May 2 and the 5 K rolls around.

They've named us the Tiger group. I was a bit bummed that this is where I sorted out best, but at least I'm running. I'm thankful they didn't call us turtles. While I doubt I could out run a tiger, I'm pretty sure I could out run a turtle.

And then there is that old story of the tortise and the hare. The race is not always to the swift but to those who keep running (moving), right?




Photobucket

3 comments:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Yes, girl you are right! Keep going. Your friends from Charlotte are cheering you on~~~

Holly and I will pray for you when we are running next week.

Blessings!

Joyful said...

Amy, I'm so impressed with your efforts. I'm not athletic at all. I wouldn't even make it in the "Tigers"...I WOULD be in the "Turtles".

Keep it up! You can do it!!!!!
Running with and for Him,
Joy

Lelia Chealey said...

Keep running Amy..you can do it! I tried your cell # last night but didn't work. Would love to chat with you. Miss you much!
Love,
lelia