Thursday, January 21, 2010

How Rumors Get Started

So, I was playing around on Facebook and such and clicked back to my blog to click on some of the blogs I like to read. I didn't post today, but I noticed that my counter showed a little activity. I clicked to find out where it came from.

Imagine my surprise when I clicked to find out what search engines had led to my site. Apparently, a couple people typed in "Amy Brooke died" or "Did Amy Brooke die?"

It's a little disconcerting to see that statement and that question roaming around blogdom. I tried to follow it a bit, but quickly decided I didn't really want to go where those links appeared to be taking me.

Some legitimate links between me and the idea of death popped up. I wrote an article for InterVarsity's Student Leadership Journal many, many years ago. That popped up. A quote from the a chapter I wrote in the book Faith on the Edge:Daring to Follow Jesus popped up to. And then there was a link to the eulogy I wrote earlier this month.

There is more than one Amy Brooke. I don't know how many of us share the Louise part. Given the vastness of the world, there is probably another.

Still, it took me by surprise and tickled that feeling of mortality. Maybe a degree of that is healthy. It keeps us and our lives in perspective.

But, for the moment, I am alive and well.

Still, it is an odd feeling.




Photobucket

1 comment:

travelmom said...

Glad to hear you're still with us! That is a bit disconcerting to read.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Lori