Monday, September 29, 2008

Worry

A week or so ago I heard a quote on the Christian station here. I caught the meaning but not all of the words. I relayed them to a bloggy friend, Joy. She hunted them down for me. I thought I would share them with you.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. -- Corrie ten Boom


Worry does not get us anywhere. I am a worrier at heart. So, it is sobering to think of my worry actually draining away the strength I have today. Worry never gets me anywhere but worked up. It's not that I shouldn't think about things and problem solve. That is proactive. Rather, worry is stagnant pool of water. Nothing flows in or out of it. And it just plain stinks. And Corrie is right. Worry does not change tomorrow. But not worrying can change today!

When you start to worry, what do you do to turn it around?





Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this blog. I'm always so encouraged to see how God is using sites such as this one.
Karyn
www.christiancupid.com/blog

Joyful said...

Amy, I always remember something that I believe I first heard from Lysa TerKeurst. Philippians 4:6 begins..."Therefore, do not worry about anything...", however the four words that preceed this verse are vital..."The Lord is near."

In order not to worry I have to remember that the Lord is near. It's all about where my head goes and Who my heart trusts.

Worry is often my companion as well, but I pray I'm learning to trust the Lord.

In His arms,
Joy