I am an optimist when it comes to other people. While I wish it wasn't so, I tend toward negative thinking when it comes to myself. This is what I tell myself:
- "Things are never going to get better."
- "I am always going to struggle."
- "I can't do _________"
- "Why can't I do __________ right?"
Everything is impossible for me. I recently heard What Faith Can Do by Kutless. One of the lines says, "It doesn't matter what you've heard, impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try."
Jesus proves the validity of this statement. From man's point of view it was
- impossible for a virgin to conceive a child
- impossible for the dead to rise
- impossible for a sinful man to find a find a way back to God.
Yes, all of that is impossible without God and a number of other documented things in the Bible.
Matthew 19:26 states "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
So when I look at myself and say that something is impossible, I am in some aspects correct. But it also means that my vision has gotten near sighted because it is so far from true when I turn my gaze upon God.
What seems impossible to you today? Where are you looking?