Monday, February 16, 2009

The Compliment


Grace, Andrea, Elena, and Addie

This weekend I had a fun visit from some friends. Allison, Elena, and Grace moved from Illinois to Michigan where Allison remarried. It was really hard for me to see them go. Since they are in the UP, it takes a bit to get up there or down here depending on how you look at it.

A few weeks ago, Allison asked about all of them coming for a visit. I had to work at BN, Saturday night, but they made into town Saturday afternoon after visiting other friends in Chicago. We played with the cats, talked, played a game and then met up with other friends at Culvers for dinner.

The gang of kids at Culvers

I headed off to work at 7:00 and everyone else went to out to an indoor kind of arcade/pro putt in town. They bunked at my house and joined me at church on Sunday where they got to see a lot of familiar faces.

Allison shared with me about Elena's excitement over coming. She apparently told her gymnastic teacher that she was going to visit her "best friend Amy." What a high compliment to be considered any child's best friend!

It was a delightful time. It had been so many months since seeing all of them that I wondered if there would be any awkwardness. I was thrilled with "falling back into friendship" that happened.






Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,
I stopped by to see how you were doing. You have been in my thoughts lately.
And my prayers.
I am so glad to see that you were able to see friends again and that you had just a wonderful visit.

Praying for God's blessings on you...
Love,
heather

Joyful said...

Looks like you enjoyed a happy time with your friends. I've recently reconnected with a friend I haven't seen in about 20 years, but it's like we've never been apart. Good friends are like that.

Trust all is well.
Love & prayers,
Joy