Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pieces of My Heart


Sometimes God gives us people for just a time. And sometimes those people take bits of our hearts with us when they go. I have to believe that even though I will miss them and hate the having to say "Goodbye" that our meeting and doing parts of life together was for all of our good.


Today, I am saying "Goodbye" to Allison, Grace, and Elena. I met them through church in December 2006. We quickly became friends. Allison has graciously shared her girls with me. Yesterday, I spirited the girls off for a few hours of fun.


We went to Barnes and Noble and I let them each pick out something. Then we had lunch out and then went to the store so they could help me pick out flowers. I am not much on yard work, but last year a friend helped me plant some flowers in front. I liked having them, so we picked some out for the front and got two longer planters to set on the deck. (I hope I did it right and that they survive the planting!




This is Grace watering the flowers.















Here are Grace and Elena working in front of the the house. (Sorry, they got a little dirty, Allison! But they had fun.)















Elena and Grace with finished product out front. Last year they spilled over the pot. I hope they do this year as well.




We did white and orange daisies in the back. But I think the two prettiest flowers are the ones in pink! I love this picture of them.


And because it wouldn't be time at Amy's without popsicles and the park, we headed down to the neighborhood park. This is Grace on top of some of the equipment. I've loved listening to her pray over the last year and a half.





Here is Elena, digging her way to China. Actually, with her heart for God, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she ends up as missionary somewhere . . . .



Though it hurts to say "Goodbye," I wouldn't have traded the bit of sunshine they've been in my life for anything.

And with believers, it never is totally a goodbye but more of a "See you later!"



Please pray for their new adventure -- wherever it leads.




Free Image Hosting

4 comments:

mark savage said...

The girls are beautiful. The flowers are too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy--I followed up on your email ages ago and decided to visit your blog. You are such a faithful writer! I am sharing a blog with some other IVP editors called Behind the Books, but I only get to it every couple of weeks. It was good to catch up on what is going on with you! Peace,
Cindy

Lisa said...

Amy,
I love how you always share your heart. It's beautiful! You always take me somewhere emotionally with your writing, and that is the mark of a good communicator. :)

Blessings, my friend.
Lisa :)

Mocha with Linda said...

What a sweet friend you are. It is hard to say goodbye, but I know those girls have sweet memories of their time with you.