Thursday, May 1, 2008

Someone's Singing About Me -- Hope Chronicles 39

If you are ever around me when it is my birthday and we happen to be in a public place, I forbid you to break into a round of "Happy Birthday, dear Amy." I would be mortified and probably crawl under the table.

At least that is what I thought until a moment ago. I just read this post at Lisa Whittle's site. It got me thinking and got me excited. It made me think of Zephaniah 3:17.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Can you imagine God taking such delight in you that He sings! I've read that so many times before, but it hit me in a new way tonight after reading Lisa's post. God loves me enough to sing about it. I don't imagine it is a quiet, subdued singing either (unless I need soothing, perhaps). I imagine it is a gusty, full of zest, and full of emotion, shout from the heavens kind of singing. And it is a song to make everyone stop and wonder in amazement.

Somehow, something shifted just now for me. I don't think I would shy away to have the King of the Universe sing to me a love song. I think I would be, I think I am enthralled.

On second thoughts, if any of you want to sing to me when my birthday rolls around next December 15th (I'm safe cause it's far off to remember!), I might not stop you. I might relish the moment as a reminder that God is singing too.



Two Hope Chronicles in one day! Hm. I thought about just giving this one the designation "Hope Thought" but changed my mind. Or I could schedule to post it tomorrow, but I couldn't wait. It seems to big to just be a "thought"! I hope you are hearing music!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Amy - the same verse popped up twice for me this morning. It's a favorite of mine. I think of how a mother sings lullabies to her child at night. Imagine God doing that for us. It gives me goose bumps!

And you just wait, I might not forget about december 15th! :)

Unknown said...

You know, that verse you listed is actually a song on the cd put out at the same time David Nasser's book Glory Revealed was published--the cd is titled the same. I can't remember who sings it, but the whole cd is awesome! They've got some big name artists singing scripture and it is SOOOOO GOOD!

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca