Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If You Remember This, Then ....

Last night I was at the bookstore. Somehow, a manager and I got on the topic of shows we watched when we were kids. Yes, this will date me, but here is the list. Which do you remember?

  • School House Rocks as seen as part of Saturday morning cartoons -- Who says cartoons can't teach you anything? "I'm just a bill . . . ."
  • Smufs -- Little blue people....
  • Life before remotes -- Yes, once upon a time you had to get up to change the channel. Should I mention we only had 3 plus the local PBS channel to choose from?
  • Life before microwaves -- If cooking is so much faster now, how come I still don't have any time? And how come I love my slow cooker?
  • Real FLOPPY disks -- Yes, there was a reason for the "floppy" part.
  • Road Runner, Tom & Jerry, and Bugs Bunny
  • Life before internet -- Seriously, how did we connect?
  • Rotary phones and having to answer to find out who is calling
  • When the "original" Star Wars special effects were truly awe inspiring
  • Going to the bank and having a pass book for your savings account
  • Writing a paper on a typewriter
  • PONG
What can you add to the list? If you remember most of that stuff, well, I hate to tell you, but we are both getting old.

If you don't remember any of it, I don't even want to hear it!






Photobucket

2 comments:

Thena said...

Life before central heat and air. Window units and furnaces.
Fireflys in a mason jar.
Pouring peanuts in a bottle of coke.

Joyful said...

We're definitely the same vintage Amy! I'll add a couple more TV shows...do you remember "Gumby and Pokey", "Davey and Goliath", or "Romper Room"? (I don't think they were just Canadian.)

Fun memories,
Joy