Monday, June 2, 2008

The Moon -- A Hope Thought

When I was a child, I was disappointed to discover that the moon was just a giant rock that didn't even have it's own light. It seemed so large in the dark sky that there had to be more to it than that. It dawned on me tonight that there really might be more to it than that. The moon reflects the sun's light. Perhaps God placed it there in it's reflective capacity to remind us that even in the dark of night the sun is still shining.




Free Image Hosting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amy...
That is awesome... even in the dark there is still hope, because no matter what it seems like, the sun, the Son, is still shining.

In the midst of power struggles with the kids, and wanting to help my good friend who broke her leg, and feeling called to minister to another friend through prayer, and dealing with some "monthly" mood swings and irritability...
to see the hope and the Son is still shining in teh dark of night...
very powerful. Thank you for that imagery. It will stick with me this week.
God Bless you,
Heather

Unknown said...

Oh wow, girl! That is a fantastic thought! I really like the imagery it creates in my mind! Always hope in a dark world with the SON around!

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

Michelle said...

I love this. We too are can be like the moon, reflecting His light in a dark world. Beautiful imagery. Thanks!