Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Regimen

Just so there is no confusion, the picture to the right is not me. I may wish that it were, but I am not as brave as Lysa and Renee to post pictures of myself exercising.

However, I have started a new exercise regime. Since walking wasn't working all that well and it's cold out now, I am working out at a local place for women. The goal is at least 3 times a week. Since November 3rd, I've worked out 11 times. Today was a weigh and measure day.

I was a bit disappointed that the weight had only gone down half a pound. Sigh. (Why do I always weigh so much less in the morning? Are their scales rigged? Scales never match my bathroom scale.)

Anyway, there is good news. I lost 1/2 inch in my waist, 2 inches in my abdomen, 3/4 inch in my hips, and 1/2 inch in my arms. And they have this little machine that measures your body fat. My weight only went down 1/2 pound, but my body fat was down 1.62 pounds. Which means there is more muscle. While it doesn't help the number on the scale right away, in the long run it means burning more calories on a daily basis.

A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same amount -- a pound. But a pound of muscle is much healthier than a pound of fat.

And, hey, it's after a holiday and I didn't gain even with their rigged (just kidding) scale.





Photobucket

3 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

YEAH!!! You can do it Amy!! I went & worked out last night too and felt so good afterwards. So worth it.
love ya,
Lelia

Joyful said...

Wow! Congratulations Amy!!! I've been trying to exercise more and lose a little weight as well. I only wanted to lose 6 pounds and in the last 3 weeks I've lost 2 - not bad.

Keep up the good work,
Joy

Lora said...

Contratulations Amy! And press on! I need to get back on track with my exercise routine - the chilly weather has waylaid me. Or totally sidetracked me.