Monday, October 6, 2008

Warning Signs

About a year and a half ago, my carbon monoxide detector began going off. I climbed on a chair and tried to get it to shut off, but I couldn't find a battery. I called a friend's husband. He came over and showed me how to reset it. It turned out that it was hardwired into the house. There was no battery I could simply pull out.

Every day that detector went off.

I'm posting over at Internet Cafe today. Please click the button to finish reading this post!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the devotionals. I read them constantly. This recent one was such a wake-up call for me. I love the comment about what goes "OUT of you. 40 is a big one, but I am approaching 50 and 40 sounds young now..... I know that in twenty years I will look so young when I was 50. It's about enjoying the present and what we have RIGHT NOW. I am married with two boys: 20 & 15. I wonder..."when am I going to have time just for "me" again? You have too much "ME" time. Being content is so difficult for all of us. Now we know why God says "Be Still" "Be here".

Hugs & Prayers,