Monday, November 10, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 5)

(Click graphic to find
our about 40 to 40)

I am thankful that God gave me a love of reading from a very early age and that my parents encouraged reading. I remember going to the local library every Saturday and checking out 2-3 books. These would all be read by the next Saturday, so they were ready to be taken back.

My one sister and I actually were interested in the same things. Often, you would find a book with two bookmarks in it because we would try to read it at the same time!

Even now, I have 4 books that I am reading: Behind Those Eyes (Christian inspiration), Thank You For All Things (secular fiction), The Shack (Christian fiction), and The Life You've Always Wanted (Christian inspiration).

For the most part, my family were C & E (Christmas and Easter) church goers. However, there were other occasional days sprinkled in there as well. One Sunday we "just happened" to go to church the day they were giving the third graders Bibles. I remember holding it and looking at it as being the first time I had looked at a Bible.

It was a holy "coincidence" that brought us there that Sunday. And a built in love of reading that made us, without parental encouragement, want to read it. God wired me so that when given the chance, I would fall in love with His word. This is me in the third grade.




Photobucket

1 comment:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh Amy, this is so sweet....and I could relate b/c my Taylor is in the third grade.

How awesome is our God!!

ps-the best way to change up your background is to google the words "How to change wallpaper on blog" and there will be a website that comes up that will tell you step by step how to do it. Girl....I wish I was all computer savy and could tell you exactly how to do it. My friend, Faith on my sidebar helped me, she would help you too if you asked her! =)