Sunday, November 16, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 11)

I am thankful for my church. I go to a nondenominational church called Crosswinds. I'm not sure of the year, but I think it started 8 or 9 years ago with some people in my pastor's living room praying and dreaming about starting a church.

I've been going there now for 4-5 years. One of the things I'm grateful for is that people are very involved. Recently, we purchased a building from an aging congregation. We went from this warehouse:




to this 97 year old building that was filled with 97 year's worth of stuff! It was amazing how many people helped on the remodeling that was done. (My contribution was food and hauling stuff like wood to the burn pile and carpet to the dumpster. Yes, I am very skilled in these types of things . . . .)


We've moved from the edge of town into a neighborhood. There is a real desire to serve the neighborhood we are in. The pastor planned a lunch for the neighborhood school teachers before school started. We are also a polling place. One person spearheaded the idea of feeding the election officials at our site from 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM. A variety of people contributed.

So I'm thankful for a church that has people who are really involved and that wants to reach out.




Photobucket

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Amy, your church sounds amazing! I'm very thankful for my church family as well. We are blessed!

Hope all is well with you,
Joy