Tuesday, November 11, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 6)

I am thankful for children --those I know and those I don't. Children have a way of wiggling their way into my heart. It can be a child at the bookstore crying over something or having a slumber party with a couple of kids I know.

Last year for my birthday I actually took 8 kids ice skating! It was in the midst of a snow storm, so the ice arena was almost empty. The kids ranged in age from 5 to 14 and they are all just all around good kids. It did my heart good to see the older ones helping the younger ones.

My friend Allison also stayed to skate and treated me with a birthday cake. This is a picture of me, Elena, and Addie while they were clearing the ice.

I just genuinely like making children happy. I love to see them smile. And when one of my little friends yells, "Amy!" from across the room, they make my day.

The older ones are fun as well. We just do different things like bowling or games or something of that nature. I like it that the older ones seem to feel safe talking to me about any manner of things. I love the idea that I am a safe person.

So, children of all ages are what I am grateful for today.




Photobucket

No comments: