Saturday, November 15, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 10)

I took this picture last summer while I was on a walk. I am drawn to the beauty and simplicity of it.

But what I really love about it is that it represents a place of invitation, of going in. It is an open gate.

I am thankful that God always leaves the gate open for us to come back when we have sinned or messed up. I am thankful that He refused to let the gate slam shut on anyone.

The sobering thought is that when we are outside the gate, we often don't realize it or we realize it and are too afraid to take the steps needed to go inside.

So, I am thankful for God's open gate/open door policy with His children.






Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura said...

Amy,

I just read your article in the P31 magazine! Congratulations! I really enjoyed it. So neat to see how God speaks to us through so many different avenues.

luv,
laura

Joyful said...

That is a great picture of an open gate - a beautiful invitation. It says "Welcome Home".

Blessings,
Joy
PS. Still haven't received my P31 magazine for November - can't wait to read you article when it arrives.