Thursday, November 20, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 15)


I'm grateful for Julie. Julie is my counselor. Amazingly, she has worked with me for seven years now. I'm grateful for several things about her:

  • Her perseverance
  • Her desire to help even sometimes when I'm not sure what I want or need.
  • Her candidness with me
  • For letting me ask difficult questions
  • For encouraging me to talk about difficult things even when I'd rather not
  • For her genuineness
  • Her wisdom in knowing when to push and when to let something be for that session
  • Her kindness at all time
  • Her care

    Julie has been a real blessing in my life. I'm not sure where I'd be without her. I believe God had a hand in pairing us up.



    Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura said...

It's good to hear that someone is grateful for a mental health professional :). MOst of my patients try to hide when they see me coming! Ha! Just kidding, of course, but we don't get to hear appreciation very often.

Just read your post on the last chapter of Lisa's book. (behind as usual) Can you believe it's over? Really enjoyed reading your thoughts on this one. Will you do the next study?

Lelia Chealey said...

You should share her :) Does she do house calls in Nebraska? If not, I'll see if Laura will come by. Seriously though, I'm glad you have someone you can trust. Please pray God directs me to the right one for my oldest girl.