Sunday, November 9, 2008

40 to 40 (Gratitude 4)


(Click graphic to find
out about 40 to 40)


I am thankful for my church. When I write that, I don't necessarily mean the building. I definitely mean the people. A building is just a place to meet. The real heart of the church is the people.

I started going to Crosswinds about five years ago. I had been having a difficult time and was angry with God. I determined that if I didn't seem to matter to God then I shouldn't bother getting up for church on a Sunday morning. This lasted about 9 months. Finally, in desperation I called my doctor's office. It is a Christian practice. I asked the nurse if there was a church they could recommend. They listed 3 but only 1 had a pastor's name attached. I called there.

I'm so thankful that God brought me there. I was as jumpy as a frog and prickly as a porcupine, but God used the people to really minister to me and bring some measure of healing.




Photobucket

No comments: